Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Rub-a-dub-dub

I have another question about men that I hope someone can give some insight to. It has to do with their bathtubs. My friend, who happened to be my roommate in college, and I were talking about this today and recalling that another of our roommates had a boyfriend who would leave the tub black. She always thought he was just disgusting (and truth be told, he was), but I think that it might have been attributable to this strange phenomenon that I have noted about many men. I have noticed that some men, no matter how well their normal personal hygiene is, turn their tubs black. And some men don’t. I have pondered over this for years. It has long been my hypothesis that the blackness is coming from the bottoms of their feet, but WHY I cannot fathom. My friend recalls one year when her 18-year-old nephew was staying at her parents’ house. He showered every day so he was not excessively dirty, but yet he would turn the tub black in less than a week. In his case, the blackness was also accompanied by grit or sand! She says it was as if he had gone off-roading without a vehicle. And the answer cannot be that it is because they don’t scrub their tubs often enough. My friend scrubbed hers at least once a week, but the guy would make it black again in a matter of days. Also, I personally have let two months go by without scrubbing my tub, but yet it never showed any black smudges. So what is the answer? Any thoughts?

2 Comments:

Blogger Cherhell said...

I believe it is due to fact that when they were in high school and middle school, coaches drummed into their heads that they shouldn't go barefoot in the shower. They may have left out the part about wearing shower shoes, so perhaps your friends are wearing their Doc Marten's or their Florsheim's in the shower. It all boils down to: men are stupid. And apparently scummy, too. Or maybe you just have scummy friends.

I also know some disgusting people who keep their kitty litter in the bathtub. Gag me.

January 12, 2005 at 4:11 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I would have to say that he is probably just someone who gets dirty on a daily basis. I have to clean my shower every week (I dont do baths), more out of habit then need. My suugestion to pass along would be to make him clean it if shes annoyed with the dirt. He should have enough respect for her to understand and take care of it.

Male
Age: 25

January 12, 2005 at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home