Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Wet was I thinking??

Mom always told me to NEVER ever use hand dishwashing soap in the dishwasher. EVER. I should only use automatic dishwasher detergent. Well, one day, not long after the The Great Waterbed Incident, I discovered that I was out of dishwasher detergent. Remembering Mom’s advice about not using regular dishwashing soap, I knew better than to fill the little soap cups in the dishwasher with Dawn or Pamolive. Instead, I put one teeny tiny drop of Pamolive in there. Just one. And it was teeny. I started up the dishwasher and then went about my business. After a reasonable amount of time for the dishwasher cycle to be finished, I came back to check on the dishes. The sight the greeted me in the kitchen continues to haunt me to this day. The entire kitchen (eat-in size) was filled with frothy suds about two feet deep. This was before the Foam Dancing craze, or my roommates and I would have just invited some friends over and had a party. I don’t even remember what it took to get that mess cleaned up. But I do remember that afterward the kitchen floor sparkled like a fine-cut diamond.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a lot of people tried that trick before. Except I used waaay more than a teensy drop. I, too learned my lesson when I had to clean up the suds from the kitchen and the leak that went all the way into the basement. :\

January 12, 2005 at 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home